Volunteer role: Trusts Applications Manager
It’s an exciting time to be part of My Body Back Project: we have just opened our clinic in Glasgow and have attained full charitable status with the Charity Commission to allow us to claim Gift Aid on donations. We have big plans to expand our services to more cities across the UK and, long-term, internationally, so that we can reach the thousands of women who desperately need the support we provide. But to do that, we urgently need funds.
- Identify potential Trusts and Foundations whose application criteria meet My Body Back Project’s eligibility, researching where necessary.
- Produce and submit compelling proposals for unrestricted funding, working closely with the Fundraising Manager.
- Maintain accurate records and reporting on approaches made and funding secured.
- Thank and steward funders. Where appropriate, create individual impact reports demonstrating the positive outcomes of their support.
- Longer term, work with the Fundraising Manager to build and populate a charity database of existing and potential supporters.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for My Body Back Project’s work and cause.
- Proven track record of successful proposals to Trusts and Foundations is essential.
- Existing knowledge of Trusts who focus on small charities and women’s rights causes preferred but not essential.
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and self-motivate.
- Excellent time management, and a proven ability to manage a diverse portfolio of potential and existing Trust supporters with multiple deadlines.
We are a small, enthusiastic and friendly team. All of our members have full-time jobs alongside their voluntary work for My Body Back Project, which is factored in to our timescales, deadlines, and expectations.
We are primarily based in London and currently meet on an informal but frequent basis – however, most business is conducted via a shared Facebook group, so it is not necessary for the ideal candidate to be based in London.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 16th March.
Volunteers needed for our London and Glasgow clinics!
My Body Back Project clinics support women and trans men who have experienced sexual violence by providing them with specialist cervical smear tests, STD checks and maternity care. Our services are run by professionals who are trained in the impact of sexual violence, and are supported by an amazing team of non-specialist women who volunteer to be present at the clinics to provide a friendly face.
At My Body Back we rely on our incredible volunteers and as we expand our offering we need to make sure we have enough to keep the quality of the service as high as our patients deserve. That’s where you come in! We are looking for women who would be able volunteer at our clinics on a regular basis in both our London and Glasgow clinics.
The main focus of this role is to provide a friendly, reassuring presence for the women using our services. This involves:
- Arriving at the clinic (London or Glasgow) at 8.30am (weekday) for a briefing before the women arrive.
- Being present for the whole session until approximately 12.30pm.
- Talking to the women, making tea, offering support, hugs and laughter
- We ask for a commitment of one session every 6 weeks as a minimum.
Who we’re looking for
The main requirement for this role is a deep passion and real care for cause. An ideal candidate would have capability in the following areas:
- Warm, approachable and friendly
- A caring attitude and demeanor
- Some understanding of VAWG issues
- Able to make conversation with anyone
- Gentle, reassuring, kind and understanding
If you’re interested in applying for this volunteer role, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us…
- Which clinic you’re volunteering for (London or Glasgow).
- Your passion for this type of work and creating a better world for women.
- Why you’re interested in this position.