Volunteer role: Trusts Applications Manager
It’s an exciting time to be part of My Body Back Project: we have just opened our clinic in Glasgow and have attained full charitable status with the Charity Commission to allow us to claim Gift Aid on donations. We have big plans to expand our services to more cities across the UK and, long-term, internationally, so that we can reach the thousands of women who desperately need the support we provide. But to do that, we urgently need funds.
- Identify potential Trusts and Foundations whose application criteria meet My Body Back Project’s eligibility, researching where necessary.
- Produce and submit compelling proposals for unrestricted funding, working closely with the Fundraising Manager.
- Maintain accurate records and reporting on approaches made and funding secured.
- Thank and steward funders. Where appropriate, create individual impact reports demonstrating the positive outcomes of their support.
- Longer term, work with the Fundraising Manager to build and populate a charity database of existing and potential supporters.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for My Body Back Project’s work and cause.
- Proven track record of successful proposals to Trusts and Foundations is essential.
- Existing knowledge of Trusts who focus on small charities and women’s rights causes preferred but not essential.
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and self-motivate.
- Excellent time management, and a proven ability to manage a diverse portfolio of potential and existing Trust supporters with multiple deadlines.
We are a small, enthusiastic and friendly team. All of our members have full-time jobs alongside their voluntary work for My Body Back Project, which is factored in to our timescales, deadlines, and expectations.
We are primarily based in London and currently meet on an informal but frequent basis – however, most business is conducted via a shared Facebook group, so it is not necessary for the ideal candidate to be based in London.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.