Volunteers needed for our London and Glasgow clinics!
My Body Back Project clinics support women and trans men who have experienced sexual violence by providing them with specialist cervical smear tests, STD checks and maternity care. Our services are run by professionals who are trained in the impact of sexual violence, and are supported by an amazing team of non-specialist women who volunteer to be present at the clinics to provide a friendly face.
At My Body Back we rely on our incredible volunteers and as we expand our offering we need to make sure we have enough to keep the quality of the service as high as our patients deserve. That’s where you come in! We are looking for women who would be able volunteer at our clinics on a regular basis in both our London and Glasgow clinics.
The main focus of this role is to provide a friendly, reassuring presence for the women using our services. This involves:
- Arriving at the clinic (London or Glasgow) at 8.30am (weekday) for a briefing before the women arrive.
- Being present for the whole session until approximately 12.30pm.
- Talking to the women, making tea, offering support, hugs and laughter
- We ask for a commitment of one session every 6 weeks as a minimum.
Who we’re looking for
The main requirement for this role is a deep passion and real care for cause. An ideal candidate would have capability in the following areas:
- Warm, approachable and friendly
- A caring attitude and demeanor
- Some understanding of VAWG issues
- Able to make conversation with anyone
- Gentle, reassuring, kind and understanding
If you’re interested in applying for this volunteer role, please send us an email at email@example.com, telling us…
- Which clinic you’re volunteering for (London or Glasgow).
- Your passion for this type of work and creating a better world for women.
- Why you’re interested in this position.